Coking.com proudly announces the expansion of the Field Services and Consulting division. With the addition of Tom Meek to the team, the List of Services is more comprehensive than ever. Contact our team for more information.
Delayed Coker Field Services
DCU Normal Operations –
- Cycle Time Optimization,
- DCU Heater Proactive Process Monitoring
DCU Troubleshooting –
- Feed Preheat,
- Fractionator Bottoms,
- Coke Drums,
- Fractionator Overhead,
- Gas Plant,
- Blowdown and Vapor Recovery,
- Coke Drum Process Safety and Facilities,
- Coke Cutting & Handling.
DCU Projects – New Grass Roots and unit Revamps. DCU Advisers and Technologists can help with all areas of the Delayed Coker Project from Basic Design and as the Project passes through all phases – for example Licensor selection, PHA, FAT’s and SAT’s.
DCU Start Up –
- Grass Roots Units in Refineries and Upgraders,
- Normal DCU Start Up following T/A
- DCU Start Up following Abnormal Shutdowns.
DCU Development of Methodologies and Procedures for Evaluating, Cooling, Opening, and Decoking Abnormal Coke Drums.
DCU Shutdown and Decontamination – Procedure Authoring and MOC’s, Reviews, and Process/ Ops Support during Shutdown
DCU Turnaround –
- Scope Reviews,
- Industry Recommendations for T/A Scope,
DCU Turnaround Process and Operations Vessel and Column Inspections: to determine required additional cleaning and repairs.
DCU Process Safety – Participation in
- Project Model Bowties
- Pre-Start Up Safety Review,
- Process/Ops Review at each Project Step,
- Recommendation of modern Safety facilities
DCU R&D –
- Heater Anti-coking studies,
- Sludge injection,
- DCU alternate Feeds and Feed Mix Pilot Unit Studies.
- Biomass processing in Delayed Coking.
DCU Training – Regional group classes and customized for onsite.
- Delayed Coking,
- Thermal Cracking and Operations;
- Emergency Response Training for Process Engineers and Operators based on real Industry incidents from the CSB database – In order to Improve Operator Identification and Response to Abnormal Situations and Upsets.
- In Class Team Building activities for refinery operators, engineers, inspection, maintenance, projects people and for suppliers
DCU Training Documentation – Assist Sites in the generation of revised DCU Operations Manuals.
DCU Training – Assist Operating Companies with the Generation and Authorship of DCU Process Guide.
PSM OSHA 1910 Required Red Tag Drill – Development for Locations.
PSM OSHA 1910 Required Procedures – Reviews and Assistance with Authoring and Training
DCU RCM – Rounds Development – outside Readings, PM’s, etc
DCU Corrosion – Author Process portion of site specific DCU Corrosion Control Document.
DCU – Proactive Unit Monitoring – for unit Optimization, Reliability, and Reduction in Major Incidents.
DCU – Operator Protection – Proper Site Safety facilities following the 2005 Texas City Incident – What’s really needed for the Coker?
DCU Best Practices – for Process, Operations, Maintenance and Design